These are the perfect side dish or snack to have in your fridge. This makes 1 large bowl.
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1/3 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup fresh cauliflowerets
- 1/4 cup julienned carrot
- 2 tablespoons chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 ounces reduced-fat Monterey Jack cheese, cut into small cubes
- 2 tablespoons fat-free plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon salt-free spicy seasoning blend
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon slivered almonds, toasted
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Stir in cheese. In a small bowl, combine the yogurt, mayonnaise, seasoning blend and salt. Stir into vegetable mixture. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Just before serving, sprinkle with almonds.
3/4 cup: 87 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 12mg cholesterol, 281mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.