Garlic butter sauteed asparagus, how good do they sound? They only take 10 minutes from prep to dinner table and this will make 3 servings. Quick, fresh, and delicious!
- 10 oz (300g) young asparagus
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- salt, to taste
- 3 dashes ground black pepper
- lemon juice, optional
- Cut the bottom part of the asparagus stems, about 1-2 inches.
- Heat up a skillet on medium heat and add the melted butter. Saute the garlic until slightly browned before adding the asparagus. Toss with a spatula to combine well with the garlic.
- Add salt and ground black pepper. Add a squirt or two lemon juice, if using. Once the asparagus becomes tender and just cooked, remove from heat and serve immediately. DO NOT overcook the asparagus.
Nutritional Information, per serving: 94 calories, 8g fat, 5g carbohydrates, and 3g protein.
Recipe source: Rasa Malaysia