Sun dried tomatoes, garlic, parmesan cheese, crispy chicken strips and zoodles. Wow! This recipe is the most delicious low carb comfort food.
This recipe takes 15 minutes to prepare, 15 minutes to cook, and serves 6.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 700 g (1 1/2 lb) skinless chicken thigh fillets , cut into strips
- 120 g (4oz) fresh semi-dried tomato strips in oil , chopped *See Notes
- 100 g (3.5oz) jarred sun dried tomatoes in oil , chopped
- 4 cloves garlic , peeled and crushed
- 300 ml (1 1/4 cup) thickened cream , reduced fat or full fat (or half and half)
- 1 cup shaved Parmesan cheese
- Salt to taste
- Dried basil seasoning
- Red chilli flakes
- 2 large Zucchini (or summer squash), made into Zoodles (use a vegetable grater if you don’t have a Zoodle grater)
Heat the butter in a pan/skillet over medium high heat. Add the chicken strips and sprinkle with salt. Pan fry until the chicken is golden browned on all sides and cooked through.
Add both semi-dried and sun dried tomatoes with 1 tablespoon of the oil from the jar (optional but adds extra flavour), and add the garlic; sauté until fragrant. (While the chicken is browning, prepare your Zoodles with a Zoodle maker OR with a normal vegetable peeler.)
Lower heat, add the cream and the Parmesan cheese; simmer while stirring until the cheese has melted through. Sprinkle over salt, basil and red chilli flakes to your taste.
Stir through the Zoodles and continue to simmer until the zoodles have softened to your liking (about 5-8 minutes) and serve.
Nutritional Information, per serving: 394 calories, 9.2g carbohydrates, 35.6g protein, 22.6g fat.
Recipe inspiration taken from Cafe Delites, check out there brilliant recipes.