Maintaining a healthy gut is important because with an unhealthy digestive system, the body struggles to get rid of wastes which can cause uncomfortable symptoms such as brain fog, diarrhoea, constipation, gas and even joint pain.
What factors affect gut health?
There are many factors that can affect a healthy gut, these include:
1. Food intake: The food we eat can impact our gut, opting for high fibre meals can encourage a healthier gut environment and help move waste through the body.
2. Stress: Stress can have a massive impact on our gut health, prolonged periods of stress can damage your intestinal lining; which leads to a condition called ‘leaky gut’. Stress hormones can also reshape the gut’s bacteria levels which leads to indigestion and constipation.
3. Physical activity: Moderate exercise can have a positive impact on your gut because it may contribute to reducing inflammation which increases the number of beneficial bacteria found in the intestine.
How do you heal your gut naturally?
- Drink plenty of water! Staying hydrated is very important for maintaining gut health. Water can improve absorption of nutrients in the gut and the gut’s composition.
- Get enough sleep: Sleep is crucial for reaching all your health goals, including healing your gut. Studies show that getting enough sleep can help reduce stress and balance hormone levels.
- Change your diet: Avoid foods that are highly processed and are high in added sugars, as they can contribute to inflammation which is harmful to the health of your gut and can hinder nutrient absorption.
Looking for support reaching your health goals?
Why not join our closed Facebook group and meet members of our exante family who share their experiences when it comes to gut health, weight loss and much more!
Make sure to follow our Instagram and Facebook for the latest exante updates!